Chowanoke Descendants Community

Forum

Forum Home > Genealogy > John Robbins/Elizabeth Ball, Wilkes County, NC

Carol
I am seeking information about my 2nd great grandparents John Robbins and Elizabeth Ball Robbins, both born about 1824-1825. Married in Surry County, NC. Iredell Previtt on marriage bond. Have located on Wilkes County Census from 1850 to 1880. John's occupation was "miller". In 1880 John and Elizabeth were still married, but living separately. They had several children, William, Edmond, James Franklin (my great grandfather), Mary (married Lindsey Henderson) and Cynthia. James Franklin moved from North Carolina to Hardeman County, TN and then to Benton County, MS, where he died. Other than census records and marriage record for John and Elizabeth and James Franklin and Leah Gibson. Have searched for over 10 years for the parents of John and Elizabeth.. I wonder if John might have been one of the Chowanoke from Wilkes County. I have never researched Indian tribes and this is a new adventure for me.
July 24, 2016 at 12:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tommyhawk Robbins

Hello Carol, You are probably a cousin. Jimmie Lee Robins is or was my cousin and had done extensive research Robins/Robbins and had posted some of his genealogy in some of the other discussions. Jimmie passed away last week and I am very sad. His ancestry.com account user name is still up. If you have access to ancestry and can look up a user, his user id is robinsjl.

--

Thomas E. Robbins Jr.

August 15, 2016 at 9:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tommyhawk Robbins

I found his web page. It was lost for a while. Copy it before it disappears. Somewhere in there you should find the right path. http://www.reocities.com/Athens/Troy/3869/Robins.html

--

Thomas E. Robbins Jr.

August 15, 2016 at 9:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Carol
Sorry to hear about Jimmie. I had corresponded with him some in the past, but we were never able to make a connection with John Robbins to any of the previous generations of Robbins in Wilkes County. My great grandfather, James Franklin Robbins, was the son of James Robbins and Elizabeth Ball. He moved from Wilkes County to Hardeman County, TN where he married Leah Gibson. They then moved to Benton County, MS where James Franklin lived until his death. Just can't get a definite connection to the other Robbins'.
October 4, 2016 at 12:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tommyhawk Robbins

Jimmie is a great loss. I will miss him. Funny thing, I have a James Franklin Robbins born 1877 in Tennessee. My Reuben George Robbins was not know to Jimmie until I brought it to his attention that the siblings I had hand written by my great grandp Robbins, was almost a perfect match. Another sibling he does not have is Finley for the generation I am speaking of but has a younger Finley, that is buried in the same cemetary the Finly I have on my list, is buried in. No coincidences here. Your James I am sure is a cousin. Have you concidered DNA testing. I used 23 and me and have my gedcom uploaded to GED match.

--

Thomas E. Robbins Jr.

October 4, 2016 at 7:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Carol

I have seen a James Franklin Robbins born in Tennessee before, but never found any link to my James Franklin.  Do you have any more info on the Reuben Robbins you mentioned in your previous post?

October 15, 2016 at 9:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.